Vintage tractors and engines are our passion.
2011 North Mayo Old Engine & Tractor Club Rules - Approved on 10th February 2003
- Mayo North Old Engine & Tractor Club herin after shall be known as The Club.
- The object of The Club is to promote the restoration and upkeep of vintage tactors and classic cars, engines and farm machinery.
- The Club shall be a non-profit making association of vintage enthusiasts.
- Any money raised shall be used for the maintenenace of The Club and for donations to charity.
- Club membership is open to all ages, male and female.
- An agreed membership fee for the coming year shall be aplied to all members at the AGM.
- Anyone who has not paid a membership fee is not deemed to be
a member and thus shall not be eligible to vote at meetings or exhibit
- The Club shall have an AGM to elect officers to the
committee and to receive reports from the outgoing Chariman, Secretary
- Monthly meetings shall be held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- No business shall be transacted unless an agreed quorum is present at the meeting.
- A quorum shall consist of at least ten members including
members of the committee which shall be at least one third the total
- Each member shall have one vote.
- Voting on any motion shall be carried out by a majority, in the case of a tied vote the Chairman shall have the casting vote.
- If the Chairman / Vice Chairman is not present at any
meeting, the members shall elect a member from the floor to be chairman
for that meeting only.
- No member of the club shall gain any profits from the finances of the club except for expenses incurred on club business.
- All bills submitted for reimbursement shall be accompanied
by receipts and given to the Committee for approval by the members of
The Club at the next meeting.
- The Club shall be affiliated to the Irish Vintage Society.
- Only fully paid up members can avail of the special vintage insurance and public liability cover for shows and rallies.
- These rules were read through and approved at The Club
meeting on Tuesday 10th February 2003. The motion to adopt the
rules was proposed by Sean Gallagher and seconded by Chris Stark.
The members voted for the motion unanimously.